Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The official lazy filler post, episode 1: linking to other people's articles.

Well, between work, school and a laundry list of scratch tests and vaccinations (given my reputation, you might assume that last bit was a weird joke... but no, I got me some needles coming up, I'm not happy about it) I haven't really had a lot of time to get any work done of new posts... and considering how very little actual work goes into running a site like this in the first place, that's pretty dire.

Cave Story and Pokemon aren't helping.

But anyway, I do have some more write ups brewing in my head, but they might be another week or so away, depending, so in the meantime, I'm going to revert to the standard internet plan b for when one doesn't have any content to provide.

I'm gonna link to content that already exists somewhere else.

This is from the article breakdown on Hardcore Gaming 101, and the articles that specifically refer to kusoge, which might provide some insight into a few of the more infamous examples of the kusoge movement, as well as saving me the trouble of having to cover the same ground. Thus, if you were just champing at the bit for a Hydlide article, for instance, I can guarantee you'll get no better Hydlide article than the one posted on HG101.

Incidentally, at the top of this list, for purely alphabetical reasons, is my own article on Action 52. I'm more than a little embarrassed about the writing quality on that one, though in my defence, I was primarily writing reviews for GameFaqs at the time; I thought I was pretty hot shit for knowing how to separate text into more than one paragraph. I've always had it in the back of my mind to rewrite that article, but since I'm clearly not getting anything done on my own site, this will probably remain a "one of these days" project for the time being.

2 comments:

  1. So filler post = writer's block?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, not so much writer's block as writer's hectic life and easily distracted nature. I pretty much know the direction the next actual post will take, it's just a matter of actually doing it, at which time I'm sure it'll come together quickly.

    ReplyDelete